Tuesday, March 31, 2015

"SADIE"

Here's what Sadie's family says about her:
 I've had several dogs through the years and a couple horses, but this little dog meant more than all of them combined. Enough that I actually had her exact paw print tattooed on my foot so a bit of her would always be with me. I got her when I was 12 and she passed away at 15 yrs on December 30th. 

Sadie was a complete snuggle bug, but secretly throught she was a Golden Retriever. She played fetch with a full sized tennis ball, and spent more time in the water than our actual Golden did. Yet, she had a major soft spot for pillows, always finding the optimum napping spot (usually on my face). She went everwhere with me, to college in Fort Collins, forced to endure the crazy antics of college kids; to grad school in San Diego where she rode around in my cruiser bike basket; to my adventures in Washington DC. And this doesn't even include all the numerous family vacations we took her on, especially to Lake Powell where she joined me on the wave runner, tubing, stand up paddle boarding, and lounging on the beach. 

She's had any manner of haricuts, but was mostly a medium length. She lost her left eye in May 2005 (she was 5yrs) while out at the horse barn (I think she ran into some barbed wire), and spent the majority of her life blind in that eye. Dr. Gotchey worked his magic and saved the eye, leaving her with a vibrant blue left eye. 

Sadie loved to sing (to the annoyance of my parents, especially when she got Chuck singing too). Everyone loved her, and almost got kidnapped on numerous occasions by friends who decided they wanted her for themselves. Sadie was such a wonderful, special dog, that she turned numerous "big" dog purists into small dog fans. Biscuit and Kiwi McCaulley owe their wonderful life at the McCaulley home to Sadie who thoroughly won over Marilyn to small dogs. She was among the first to convert, but certainly not the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment