Thursday, August 10, 2017

IT'S ALL NANCY'S FAULT

OR "SIDETRACKED" OR "PROCRASTINATING ON A GRAND SCALE"
OR "NANCY MADE ME DO IT"
Here's a convoluted story good luck with this post!
Last May on a whim I created my first DO-DAD. I created it for my friend Nancy.
I don't have a picture of it but it was a collection of charms to hang on your purse or
backpack or just hang anywhere really where you'll see it and enjoy it on a daily basis.
My husband calls them Cracker Jack surprises.
I've been a bit obsessed to say the least with this project. Nancy loved her Do-Dad so much she
ordered  8 DO-DADS for Christmas presents. The rest is history.
Here's what a DO-DAD looks like in the construction phase
She sent me a list of recipients, their favorite things, birthday's etc. and 
I start buildinga personalized Do-Dad just for them. 
As you see above this project is finally ready for the finishing phase. 
Remember when I made these for the Tour de Steamboat fundraiser?
A friend of mine donated to the tour de steamboat and bought 5 of these keychains for her grandkids.
I thought that was so great but I also thought I could produce some special key chains for 
her grandkids instead. Again I became a bit obsessed - below you will see the results.
This one is for a college student in Veterinary School. She rides her bike everywhere is involved in her church and the Vet charm is an add-on for when she graduates.
This is for a high-school track team member and all around great kid! 
This one is for their Mom who is a professional graphic artist who is now pursuing
and taking time for herself and fine art.
This one is for the Karate Kid!
Last but not least this one is for my good friend, constant blog companion and incredible Artist.
I call this the Artsy-Fartsy Do-Dad
The soup can is an homage to my favorite artist Andy Warhol! 
That's about it for now. I am painting not sure if they're worth posting.
Edit - Edit - Edit
Thanks for looking. MB

 

1 comment:

  1. These are the coolest ever .... cannot wait to give them to all our girls!!! I will gladly take the blame for these creations. YOU are the best!! xoxo n

    ReplyDelete