Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Leap of Faith IV

I'm really not sure how to start this story. In April I saw an ad in Southwest Art advertising a special
section for their August issue titled "Women in Art". 
I didn't have any paintings that I thought were worthy but on a whim I committed 
to a half page spread for the August issue. I've never felt so WRONG in my life.
I knew I needed 2 images that worked well together - you may remember 
when I posted these paintings I said they were for something BIG! Well
here it is. I even hired the local photographer Tim Murphy so the images would be perfect
and magazine ready. If I'm going to spend I'm going all the way. You have no idea how 
hard it's been to not spill the beans and jinx myself. 
The magazine came out last week and both paintings were sold today.
Their new home - Santa Fe! 
WOW! I'm a lucky girl. 
I also had an inquiry from a gallery owner but I have nothing to report on that front. 
I bought a bottle of bubbly - I'll be celebrating tonight.
Thanks for all the support over the years. I owe it all to everyone out there pushing me along.
Thanks a bunch MB

3 comments:

  1. This is a BIG WOW!!!! I hope you drank the entire bottle of bubbly!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well deserved; you've worked so hard. We all are behind you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!! Happy to be a new subscriber of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kali thanks a bunch. It's been an exciting week for sure. Paint on! MB

      Delete