Monday, February 15, 2016

MARK YOUR CALENDARS

As I searched out better images of the paintings, I realized I had been surprised because I had thought of Andy Warhol’s serial Pop Art portraits as an “obvious” critique on consumerism that, “therefore”, merited little sustained interest in the pieces themselves. It never occurred to me to sit with a Warhol piece like I do with other pieces, spending time just looking and waiting and paying attention and enjoying the window that the artist had framed for me.  Now, I did.   I treated Warhol’s art like–well–art, and I learned some things.
MARCH 8 - 5pm(sharp) - 5:45pm
Center for Visual Arts
837 Lincoln Ave.
ANDY WARHOL(A)  
A talk about Andy - his life and his art!
Hope you can make it - it could change everything.
More later MB

No comments:

Post a Comment