Thursday, June 9, 2016

"PLEIN AIR PAINTER"

This is Deborah Newman painting on Figueroa Rd. outside of Los Olivos, CA. 
I was riding my bike out to Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch and saw Deborah
painting on my way out. If you know me - I know you 
 think I'm a fast painter but in reality I'm a tortoise compared to Deborah.
I stopped on my way out to chat for a short time but wanted to get 
my ride in before the afternoon winds. But then it hit me!!!!
Why didn't I record this event with my camera. Luckily she was still there on my way back. 
Deborah was finished and packing up but I convinced her to pose for me and we talked while she packed up. It was great to meet another daily painter and talk about the trials and
tribulations that go with a daily painting practice. Trying to find galleries, staying
on track, not getting depressed etc. It was good to find out that I'm not the only
one out there with the same questions and of course doubts. You can click on her name above to
look at her work - give it a go you'll be happy you did. Her mom was with her
and she's an artist too! How cool is that?
Have a great weekend - I'll be doing some com-plein air painting this week.
Thanks for taking a look - MB
6" X 8"
oil on panel


1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful story. It's always good to bump into kindred spirits on life's journey. I can see why you became intrigued with her; she's painting a tractor!

    ReplyDelete