Tuesday, March 3, 2020

BIG BUNNY



                     
                                          Good for scale - having a bad hair day as usual.
For the background I had to use some large house painting brushes.
It took 3 tries to get it right. I also breathed a bit too much Gamsol yesterday.
Over exposure to chemicals is something I try to avoid normally.
Large scale painting has been a challenge in more ways than I can count.
I’m using my Bristlon Silver brushes. My cheap brushes work great for small
details but I needed to break out my better brushes for this painting to work.
A lot of trial and error going on. Can’t believe how many changes I’ve made it’s hard
to see the progression. I haven’t been keeping track because the changes seemed so minute
at the time. I’m happy to be off the ladder! Can’t tell you how many times I forgot I was on the ladder. I don’t know how painters work on ladders - not really something I care to do on a 
regular basis or perhaps ever again. 
         
It’s hard to see the details so here’s a closeup.
Thanks for waiting MB


1 comment:

  1. The neon detailed photo is absolutely outstanding. The subtle shadows are incredible. Learning from you every day although I am not sure I am ready to get on a ladder. BTW, your hair looks great - it's you.

    ReplyDelete