Monday, October 16, 2017

SLIP IT TO ME

8" X 8"
Oil
Walker Art Center Minneapolis
Slip It To Me - 1964 Richard Hamilton
Richard Hamilton coined the phrase Pop Art. You might be under the impression that Pop
was an American creation but it was a Brit - Richard Hamilton that worked 
in Pop, lived Pop Art and coined the phrase Pop Art.
If you click on his name above to read his story. 
Oil, acrylic on plywood. 
 
Here's an update on my progress. In December I will presenting
a show "The Classics" at White Hart Gallery in Steamboat Springs.
I've been busy gathering ideas and images. It's going to be cars, trucks, cokes and cruisers.
I thought about just cars but the idea morphed into something else. Time will tell. 
Thanks for waiting MB.
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm intrigued by these three people looking at the "slip it to me" piece and not at the "look" piece. Also - your theme of cars, trucks, cokes, and cruisers is SO YOU! Thank you for continuing to share with us. I learn something with every single post.

    ReplyDelete