Tuesday, November 7, 2017

RTE. 66

10 X 16
Oil
I love this car! 
This is a 1955 Ford Fairlane Crown Victoria 
You can find this car parked at Twisters in Williams, Arizona.
 Twisters is a 50's diner on old Route 66. I've painted their neon ice cream cone 
sign a number of times as well as the Crown Victoria. I'm drawn to the curves and colors.
I'm a sucker for the 50's - what can I say? The cars were beautiful and voluptuous at the
same time - those curves and chrome - a painters delight.
Thanks, one more to go later MB
 

1 comment:

  1. Loving those oranges and blues ... I always find them so warm and luring. I am fascinated with the shadow of this car, and how it makes it look like the car has been placed on a piece of pavement just off center. Then again, that could be it and I could be wrong about the shadow. Regardless, for me it creates a keen interest in this piece. Thank you for posting. xo n

    ReplyDelete