Saturday, February 9, 2013

"BREAKFAST CLUB"



Here's my first attempt at chickadees this was so much fun to paint. I love these birds their song changes with the seasons - you can hear them get happy as spring arrives. They are funny little characters to watch. What prompted this painting was an odd sized piece of gessoboard -  4" X 12" - and my neighbors new kitchen window.  I could sit in the warmth of her kitchen and photograph chickadees through her new - fabulous - well thought out kitchen window. I'm so lucky to have such great neighbors.
I just realized I changed the painting a little - got in the studio this morning and made minor adjustments - It's better now but you get the idea. I'm at #98!!! and I'm patting myself on the back. I've learned so much - 100 paintings in 100 days - I've had some successes - I'm not as frustrated now when things aren't going right. I highly recommend this exercise to anyone wanting to raise the bar with their painting. I can help you get started let me know.
MY WEBSITE(which needs a lot of attention)
MY BLOG

1 comment:

  1. Oh MB - these are darling birdies - I viewed a beautiful set of little birds at 1261 Gallery a few weeks ago - also lovely - yours are supreme. I really like how their heads each are turned in different directions. You are so good and I think you should give yourself MAJOR pats on the back. 98!!

    ReplyDelete