Friday, February 1, 2013

"JERSEY GIRLS"

 "Rosie"

"Violet"
I met these girls at the Minnesota State Fair. I learned why Jersey cows are prized for their milk. I met a little FFA girl and these were her cows. She told me the milk these cows produce has more protein, more calcium and it tastes better. It has the highest butter fat too which produces great cheeses.
These young farmers are so smart and they love to share info with us city slickers. If you get a chance this summer to attend a county or state fair I highly recommend a visit to the animal barns. Talk to the kids it's a wonderful experience. Thanks and have a great day!
MY BLOG 

1 comment:

  1. Love these ladies - #86 & 87!! - really like the backgrounds.
    Jim and I also love going to state/county fairs. I find the children of agricultural families to be some of the most interesting people on the planet.

    ReplyDelete